The International Standards Organization (ISO) has developed the ISO 22000: 2005 Food Safety Management Systems Standard. ISO 22000: 2005 Food Safety Management Systems - Conditions for All Establishments in the Food Chain, ISO 22000: 2005 is an international standard and covers all organizations in the "food chain" food chain including food, beverage catering and packaging companies.
Defines the requirements of the Management System.Documenting your food safety management system according to the requirements of ISO 22000: 2005 will provide your organization with the following benefits:
- It applies to all organizations in the global food chain.
- It is a true global international standard.
- It allows compliance with national standards.
- It covers most of the current retail Food Safety Standards requirements.
- HACCP is suited to the principles.
- It provides international communication of HACCP concepts.
- It is an auditable standard that provides the framework for third party documentation.
- It is an auditable standard with obvious requirements.
- It is suitable for editors.
The structure is in line with the ISO 9001: 2000 and ISO 14001: 2004 management systems.